Welcome to the Ma & Pa Railroad Heritage Village
With train rides for all, restored buildings to explore, special event and re-enactments to enjoy, geocaches to find, and a museum full of antiques, railroad artifacts, and milling equipment, the Heritage Village at Muddy Creek Forks is alive with countless people. Come begin your Journey in Time.
Special Christmas Event
Christmas City Express - Train Ride & Story Experience
- Friday, December 9 - 7 PM
- Saturday, December 10 - 5 PM & 7 PM
- Sunday, December 11 - 5 PM
- Friday, December 16 - 7 PM
- Saturday, December 17 - 5 PM & 7 PM
- Sunday, December 18 - 5 PM
Join us for the performance of a brand new story about a train journey for the holidays. It's Christmas Eve and a young girl, on her way to her grandparents' home by train, gets stranded in a terrible blizzard. "Christmas City Express" is the story of this young girl and the train crew who saved Christmas for everyone aboard. » More info
Tickets: $18 adult, $15 child, under 3 ride free (on lap). All tickets include family activities and crafts, a performance of the Christmas City Express, a train ride on the Ma & Pa Railroad, a snowflake ornament, and cookies and hot chocolate.
Buy tickets online or call (717) 927-9565. Because limited tickets are available, advanced ticket purchase is required. All trains sold out last year, causing us to add a 7 PM train on the Sunday.
The event is rain or shine, unless ice makes travel by rail unsafe. Tickets are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled.
» View calendar for details.
General Hours & Admissions
Sundays: 1 PM - 5 PM
June through Labor Day
Special Event Days
May 21-22; June 11-12, 17-18; Aug 20-21; Railroad Heritage Day (Sept 24); and Oct 9, 16, 22-23
Special event times vary - view calendar for details.
Train Tickets Online - Tickets at Village: $7 adult, $5 child, under 3 ride free. Hand pump car $2.
Buildings & Village Grounds: FREE
(717) 927-9565 (voice mail)
Ma & Pa Railroad Events
- 2016 Operating Schedule (Train Rides & Tours) - June - Labor Day & Special Events
- WWI Encampment Days - May 20-22
- Mid-Atlantic Milling Weekend - June 11-12
- Made in America Factory Tour - June 17-18
- WWII Encampment Days - Aug 20-21
- Home School Day - Sep 13
- Railroad Heritage Day - Sep 24
- Fall Leaf Excursions - Oct 9, 16, 22-23
- Christmas City Express - Dec 9-11, 16-18